DC as yet prodding retirement, yet says a Jon Jones set of three session 'would need to be at 205'
UFC heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier isn't actually moving in an opposite direction from the possibility that his forthcoming rematch with Stipe Miocic could be his last session, yet it likewise seems like he will engage a couple other potential battles. Counting a set of three with Jon Jones.If Daniel Cormier is regularly going to battle Jon Jones once more, it sounds like he needs to ensure nobody can say he did it the easy way. The previous light heavyweight champion, and current heavyweight champ, is preparing for a rematch with Stipe Miocic this August—who he deposed a year back to catch the belt at 265. And keeping in mind that he keeps on proposing that he may not battle again after UFC 241, it sounds like his enthusiasm for a third battle with Jon Jones is developing.
At an ongoing UFC question and answer session, Cormier let fans realize that he wouldn't modest far from an opportunity to battle Jones once more, particularly if the UFC can make the cash work.
"When I'm finished with Stipe and Dana opens up the book and goes this is the thing that you all are getting paid, at that point you folks may get a third battle," Cormier told the gathered fans and media. "At the end of the day that is what's going to decide it."
Jones resounded comparative assessments in a meeting with ESPN, telling the outlet that it would "take that checkbook for me to skip up to heavyweight," for a battle with Cormier. Luckily for Dana White, nonetheless, that may not be vital. In any event, not with regards to the Jones side of the condition.
Addressing TSN in an ongoing meeting, Cormier emphasized the likelihood of another session with 'Bones'— with the admonition that, were he to take the battle, he'd need to drop down and do it at light heavyweight, as opposed to have Jones climb to confront him (transcript by means of MMA Fighting).
"It would need to be at 205 [pounds]," Cormier said. "I've conquered chances as long as I can remember. From wrestling to a portion of the individual things I've been to, to going up to battle Stipe Miocic. He goes up to heavyweight and battles me, it's the first run through he's at any point battled at heavyweight. Me going up to heavyweight a year ago was extraordinary. I was 13-0 as of now there. I would prefer not to stack the chances. I'd like to attempt to go down and win on the playing field that I lost at."
Then again, in a similar meeting, DC indeed discussed his potential retirement from MMA following his session with Miocic, and about the likelihood of taking a battle with Francis Ngannou as a future heavyweight title resistance. In this way, until his session with Stipe is in the books, it may not be insightful for anybody to set their desires regarding what the heavyweight champ will do straightaway.

No comments