Breaking News

Gunnar Nelson on UFC Copenhagen rival Thiago Alves

Gunnar Nelson will try to make weigh at the UFC Fight Night 53 weigh-ins Friday. 'He sort of vanished after USADA'Gunnar Nelson is eager to set his abilities against limited time veteran Thiago Alves at UFC Copenhagen, however he concedes that he has seen a few changes in the Brazilian since the United States Anti-Doping Agency have started policing prohibited substances in the UFC.

While underlining his energy concerning battling somebody too referred to in the game as Alves, the Icelandic accommodation authority noticed a few doubts he's had about the previous title contender.

"He's someone who's notable, so it's a decent battle," Nelson disclosed to MMA Fighting's Eurobash web recording.

"I'm eager to battle Thiago, he's a bit 'Pitbull'. He's been around for quite a while, I don't have a clue if he's positioned or if he's not positioned. He sort of vanished after USADA, I think."

Inquired as to whether he had doubts of Alves' utilization of restricted substances before, Nelson answered: "Indeed, yes I do."

Alves declined to remark to MMA Fighting's Guilherme Cruz for this story.

Nelson proceeded to underline how glad he is with USADA's association in MMA.

"USADA has worked superbly with the UFC," he said. "I'm extremely glad how things have gone. You see a major contrast in a great deal of contenders after they came in and clearly there are still folks accomplishing something and they're getting flown to a great extent, and some are most likely pulling off it. At any rate it's creation them terrified at this point. They can't take to such an extent or they can't take very similar things now, or whatever they're doing. Whatever they're doing, it's having an impact and I adore that."

In spite of he sees on PEDs, Nelson asserted that associating somebody with past PED use does not give him any additional inspiration going into battles.

"It's not so much something I consider when it comes time to battle. What will be will be, I'll simply go out there and feel the vitality that comes, however it's unquestionably a factor; it's an immense factor. I don't care for the folks that are doing it, yet they do and they do it at the top level as well," said Nelson.

"T.J. Dillashaw got captured for some stuff, EPO I think it was. Folks are getting popped and obviously that is a factor, however I don't generally consider it to an extreme. I have my perspectives on it, however there's nothing I can do about it truly. On the off chance that a person that I'm battling is going to take some stuff, perhaps he pulls off it or possibly not, yet all I consider is what I will do. There's no point truly. USADA is going to deal with that and I don't generally give any consideration to it."

"Gunni" proceeded to state that he would hang up his gloves on the off chance that he expected to utilize a restricted substance to prepare or perform.

"I simply don't comprehend these folks. They presumably think everybody is doing it, yet not every person is doing it. In case you're on rigging and you're battling somebody that is not and you win, does it feel the equivalent? I can't envision so. In the event that I required steroids to do what I'm doing, I'm not going to contend any longer; I'm going to quit contending," he clarified.

"On the off chance that I required steroids to continue preparing, I just couldn't see myself consistently doing that. I'm somewhat frightened of it too regarding my wellbeing. I don't have the foggiest idea what it does. You hear each one of those tales about your organs and whatever, it can f*ck you up. When I'm old I would prefer not to have consumed my life vitality by taking steroids. It's not me; I'll simply avoid them."

No comments