Breaking News

Ben Askren gives update on battling future after first misfortune

Ben Askren


Following his record-setting knockout misfortune to Jorge Masvidal at UFC 239, Ben Askren doesn't sound prepared to quit battling. Askren endured his first expert MMA misfortune to Masvidal this previous end of the week, and on Monday he gave a report on his battling future.

During a meeting with ESPN's Ariel Helwani, Ben Askren was inquired as to whether he has plans to continue battling following his misfortune, and he reacted with a speedy "yes".

"Definitely. I mean clearly I haven't thought of my way ahead. I had such a decent way set up and I did it for myself. Jorge Masvidal was my pick, I went to London and said I would battle the victor of Till versus Masvidal and I got it. That was who I needed to battle and that was my way to a title. I had made this promotion and force, I was correct where I needed to be. I was spot on the cliff of having the title shot against Usman on the off chance that I proceed to win that battle on Saturday night, and now it resembles I haven't generally contemplated what's my way forward."Ben Askren will have some an opportunity to make sense of his next arrangement back towards the UFC's welterweight title and will utilize his therapeutic suspension to give him time away and set up together another arrangement.

"I was in with no reservations on one thing occurring, the other thing occurred, so I surmise I need to set aside some effort to re-gathering. I'm expecting I'll be suspended for a lot of time with no preparation because of the way that I went oblivious, in this way, I will have some an opportunity to plot my way ahead."

Since he will have some time away to recoup from his first expert misfortune, Ben Askren needs to continue battling and furthermore revealed to Helwani that he doesn't anticipate transforming anything as far as the manner in which he garbage talks adversaries or the way he fights.Who do you think Ben Askren should confront when he returns?

This article initially showed up on BJPenn.com on 7/8/2019

No comments