Breaking News

Duke Roufus anticipates that misfortune should make Ben Askren better, conceivable return by end of year


That is the means by which Ben Askren's mentor Duke Roufus portrayed his quick response to seeing his warrior dropped to the tangle in less time than it took Bruce Buffer to declare Askren's name. In addition to the fact that Askren suffered his first MMA rout on account of warmed opponent Jorge Masvidal, the completion made UFC history as the quickest knockout at any point recorded in the Octagon.

Addressing MMA Fighting, Roufus regretted the botched chance for the already unbeaten Askren to bond himself as a UFC welterweight title contender, yet he's been empowered by how Askren has dealt with the misfortune and how he anticipates that him should ricochet once again from it.

"Ben's my companion, you see him hurt that way," Roufus said. "In any case, I gotta salute Jorge. I know Ben and Jorge don't get along, I coexist well with Jorge, I like Jorge a great deal. So reasonable play, it was an incredible move, high hazard, high reward. It was an unsafe move, it satisfied for him. I'm that sort of fellow that trusts in 'fortune supports the strong' and he was very intense on that move and it will stand out forever as a standout amongst the best moves ever in the UFC.

"It could have happened in an unexpected way. He could have missed and Ben could have been wrestling and over Jorge, so we're all going to some days loathe the battle game. Winning is amazing and losing you need to sob hysterically, however Ben is a versatile individual. He has an extraordinary, unique attitude and you saw the manner in which he claims everything. That is the thing that I truly like about Ben. He's 100 percent straightforward, I've never worked with somebody like him, he's only an extraordinary breed and this is just going to improve him."

Notwithstanding beating Askren in only five seconds, Masvidal additionally played out a critical post-battle festivity in which he copied Askren's folded structure. "Gamebred" made no expressions of remorse for his jokes and Roufus isn't really thought about them either.

"They're warriors," Roufus said. "Things go on among those folks, I don't become involved with it. I'm only a mentor. Not that I approve awful conduct or anything—not saying it is terrible—it's simply those minutes are among the warriors and I do whatever it takes not to get genuinely associated in these battles since I'm not a contender, so I don't care for it when warriors and chiefs get all engaged with the meats."

Indeed, even with Askren being thumped out in such vicious design, the 34-year-old warrior got a moderately concise suspension from the Nevada State Athletic Commission. As indicated by the NSAC, Askren will be alright to contend again as ahead of schedule as September.

Aware of the cerebral wellbeing of the majority of his warriors, Roufus is trusting that Askren will think about holding up a couple of more months before coming back to activity.

"Perhaps before the year's over. Be that as it may, I'm not a specialist either," Roufus said. "The other thing, I took a gander at the video, he got captured more on the neck, which I've been told by doctors is the most secure spot—sort of when I used to battle I used to kick at the neck, it's practically similar to stifling somebody. When you kick them on the neck there's not as much harm, it's practically similar to a gag out, yet I imagine that is substantially less than when you get shaken in the head.

"They're all hazardous, obviously, yet I think where the blow was, it's not—When Ben was moving, I was truly frightened, I couldn't see his face. I didn't see the blow obviously, I thought he had gotten the knee straightforwardly to the face. That is the thing that I was most stressed over when he was moving genuine awful, I was concerned. Be that as it may, there's not a blemish all over by any stretch of the imagination, which is extremely lucky."

Roufus applauded the UFC medicinal staff for their treatment of Askren, saying they had the option to quickly get Askren out of the structure, to the emergency clinic, and back in his lodging later that night.

Having guided a few top UFC warriors through emotional highs and lows, including previous bosses Anthony Pettis and Tyron Woodley, Roufus said that a brisk misfortune like this can be simpler for a contender to manage than a drawn out fight that can bring up a wide range of issues when it comes time to survey the harm.

"One of the hardest activities as a mentor, a standout amongst the most astonishing things I needed to do was—and I needed to develop better as a mentor—the battle we had with (Rafael) dos Anjos and Anthony. He got harmed in the first round and he needed to experience five rounds of beating that way.

"Indeed, even Tyron's last battle was really difficult to hold up under as a mentor. It isn't so much that Kamaru (Usman) was beating the brakes off of Tyron, he simply was out-working him and Tyron was extremely level. Those are ones that truly harmed in an alternate manner."

Given Askren's battle sports understanding, which stretches back to his days as a double cross NCAA wrestling champion and Olympian, one may ponder what exhortation his mentor can offer concerning managing such an overwhelming misfortune.

Roufus attributed Askren's prosperity to his hard working attitude and keeping in mind that he doesn't know precisely what he'll disclose to Askren when it's an ideal opportunity to get back in the rec center, he's anticipating that the previous ONE and Bellator titleholder could take his game to another level.

"He's one of those folks, he's going to be fine," Roufus said. "In the event that anything, it may put somewhat more chip on his shoulder to work much harder than he's at any point worked previously, which is entirely unnerving."

Most recent FROM OUR PARTNERS

Bad dream Matchup for UFC's Biggest Stars

Most prominent Highlights of Anderson Silva's Career

Top Contenders for Fight of the Year

Which is More Dangerous - MMA or Football?

Course of events of Israel Adesanya's Rapid Rise to UFC Contender

Brock Lesnar's WWE Future After UFC Retirement

Most recent FROM MMA WAREHOUSE

ProMax 440 BJJ GI

Standard Ranked Rashguard

Standard BJJ Gi

Lord Ryan Longsleeve Shirt

Great Night Tee

Gordon Ryan Competition Kit

Lockdown duffle sack

More: Apparel Accessories Gloves Sale

Supported Content

Brought into the world Billionaires: 25 Richest Heirs and Heiresses in America

Brought into the world Billionaires: 25 Richest Heirs and Heiresses in America

Investing.com

What amount do Solar Panels Actually Cost?

What amount do Solar Panels Actually Cost?

www.solarquotetoday.co.uk

[Photos] Remember Him? Hold up Till You See Him Now

[Photos] Remember Him? Hold up Till You See Him Now

Coolimba

The Branson Family Is One of the Richest in America

The Branson Family Is One of the Richest in America

Investing.com

[Photos] Remember Stacy Keibler? Hold up Till You See Her Now

[Photos] Remember Stacy Keibler? Hold up Till You See Her Now

JOL

Test: Match The WWE Wrestler To Their Photo

Test: Match The WWE Wrestler To Their Photo

Quizscape

Suggested by

MORE FROM MMA FIGHTING

Daniel Cormier on potential Francis Ngannou battle: 'It is anything but a battle that I would have much dithering in taking'

Jorge Masvidal has no second thoughts about post-battle festivity taunting KO'd Ben Askren

Dana White offers update on Ben Askren's condition following merciless five-second KO misfortune

Thiago Santos had right knee medical procedure before UFC 239 battle with Jon Jones

Amanda Nunes drives all compensations for UFC 239 with reward for Holly Holm knockout

Thiago Santos endured broad harm to left knee against Jon Jones at UFC 239, out for rest of 2019

Generally READ

Thiago Santos endured broad harm to left knee against Jon Jones at UFC 239, out for rest of 2019

Morning Report: Ben Askren opens up about KO misfortune to Jorge Masvidal and his post-battle jokes

No comments